MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Carrier Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Crew Locker clasp (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11181)

Jordan Baker 28-05-08 05:35

Crew Locker clasp

Hi everyone

Im looking for any clear pictures or dimmentions for the centre clasp on the crew stowage locker. This is the one that has a hole in the end of it for a lock to be passed through.

In Nigel Watson's book there is a few pictures but nothing is really clear enough to get some basic dimmentions.

Any help is much appreaciated.

Lynn Eades 28-05-08 10:45

Jordan

1 Attachment(s)
Is this what you want?

Lynn Eades 28-05-08 10:48

Jordan

If it is, I can email you the pic direct, and, if you can wait a day or so, I can photograph my tin and maybe get some dimensions.

Jordan Baker 28-05-08 15:23

Hi Lynn

Yep, it is the part # TL 369SA. I have the other two clasps but it was the locking centre one im after. A friend of mine who is a machinist said he would make one for me but he needed dims.

Could you also take some pictures of the tab with the slot.

Thanks

Jordan Baker 31-05-08 06:36

5 Attachment(s)
Lynn sent me some pictures the other day and i thought they would be usefull for everyone to see. Im working on some drawings for the part and should have them done within a day or so.

Jordan Baker 01-06-08 06:49

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the drawing I have done for part of the latch. I still need to draw up the mount.

ron 01-06-08 10:51

Drawing

Hi Jordon,
Many thanks for posting the drawing, this is what this forum is all about sharing our knowledge and helping each other, thank you,
Regards, Ron

Jordan Baker 01-06-08 14:56

You beat me to it Ron. We should be thanking Lynn as he supplied the pictures and the measurments.

Agreed, this is why I love this forum. people from all over the world helping each other. :cheers:

Lynn Eades 02-06-08 06:38

Hi Jordan and Ron

3 Attachment(s)
I am including pics. of the two bkts. fot the cleaning rod in the lid, but what is the compartment in the left rear corner for?
I appreciate the thanks, but what goes around, comes around, and it doesn't always come back from where we expect it.
It's crazy really but these things have been giving me a buzz for years.

Jordan Baker 15-07-08 17:18

1 Attachment(s)
The drawing for the latch is all finished. I have it off to a friend who is going to make it for me.

Feel free to use the drawing in getting your own reproduced.

If anyone see any problems with it please let me know.

Jordan Baker 30-07-08 04:08

I know the drawing is posted for anyone to us but I do have 3 ready made for sale. Save you all the trouble of having one made plus having to drive back and forth to the shop.;)(saves on gas) See the my listing in the For Sale section.

Price is $50ea Cnd plus shipping. PM/email me if you want one.

Petr Brezina 27-02-17 09:17

1 Attachment(s)
Guys, may I asked you for some details about the kit locker? I don't have it, so will have to make a replica.
Basic dimensions, sheet thickness or even some pictures would be a great help for me.
Many thanks in advance!

Michael R. 27-02-17 13:10

With the understanding the drawing you are using is from the MK-I, MK-I* series. The stowage box for the MK-II* is a different size and production style. What are the part numbers for the MK-III?

Petr Brezina 27-02-17 14:39

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry Michael, you are right, obviously I'm looking for Mk.II/III locker.
Part number should be TL14297 for the bare locker itself and TL927SA for the full assembly (locker+camo net case).
As on the photo. Cheers

Petr Brezina 09-03-17 21:22

Anyone can help me out? Thanks :)

Mike Gurr 13-03-17 22:25

2 Attachment(s)
Petr,
I can measure up the box on my 1944 No2 Mk2* which I think will be the correct one but I only get to the Carrier on the weekends if you can wait. I have attached a couple of general pictures for now.
Mike Gurr

Petr Brezina 13-03-17 23:13

Hi Mike, yes it seems to be the correct "bigger-deeper" CTL14297 locker. Thanks a lot!
Strangely enough I have found both styles on the Mk.III carriers, couldnt find any pattern in it. Perhaps they were still using the "smaller" style even it was "obsolete" design, but still available. According to Chilwell, the TL14297 should be used on Mk.IIIs/late Mk.IIs though...
Again, thanks a lot for help!

Dave Schindel 20-03-17 20:52

Jordan, the only thing I see wrong with your latch drawing.....the "tongue" that tapers down to 3/4 wide and 1/4 thick at the end with the hole in it, actually tapers down from the hinge to the end as opposed to being 1/4 inch all the way from hinge to end. If there is no taper it may not fit into the slot that it mates with.Looks pretty good otherwise. :)
I can go out and measure the thickness at the end tonite after work.