MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   the tim tam biscuits (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4236)

Max Hedges 11-07-05 00:46

the tim tam biscuits

The tim tams have arrived safely at Holstein, one or two packets managed to get eaten in Calgary, unless he gets hungry there should be a couple left. Thanks to young Matt he's been in party mood for the last three days. Also our Canadian friends have been trying to line him up with some of the local young ladies. So if you see a tall dark aussie looming around lock up your daughters.

Jon Michael will try to make contact with you during the week. Can you be trusted with Karmens biscuits.

Max

Keith Webb 11-07-05 07:43

Re: the tim tam biscuits

Quote:

Originally posted by Max Hedges

Jon Michael will try to make contact with you during the week. Can you be trusted with Karmens biscuits.

Max

Max, that maybe too great a temptation for poor Jon.:eek:

Vets Dottir 11-07-05 07:48

Re: the tim tam biscuits

Quote:

The tim tams have arrived safely at Holstein, one or two packets managed to get eaten in Calgary, unless he gets hungry there should be a couple left. Thanks to young Matt he's been in party mood for the last three days. Also our Canadian friends have been trying to line him up with some of the local young ladies. So if you see a tall dark aussie looming around lock up your daughters.

Max

AHA!!! So you WERE sending Tim Tams to me :smoker: ... if Jon doesn't eat them and I ever get my hands on them I'll be sure to try Michaels trick of sipping coffee through them :D

I wish we could have met him at the Airport ... and what a day for Michael to remember 7/7/05 ...

Psssst .... My youngest daughter is safely tucked away far from here and she has a sweetheart already, so never the twain shall meet ... although I was once told that there's many a slip betwixt cup and lip .... :D

Jon Skagfeld 12-07-05 04:58

Hmmm....Tim Tams....sounds like a perfect reason for extortion of the highest order!

After I collect them, I'm auctioning off to the highest bidder.

:D :cheers: :devil:

Awaiting the call from Holstein.

Vets Dottir 12-07-05 05:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Hmmm....Tim Tams....sounds like a perfect reason for extortion of the highest order!

MASTER JON:

If I wasn't trying to keep on your good side whilst you hold my Tim Tams hostage, I would tell you to ... well ... what a very nice person you are :) :cheers:

:love: Ma Yappy :)

Max Hedges 12-07-05 05:25

Quote:

Awaiting the call from Holstein.

Jon we could be onto something we'll supply the Tim Tams you do the dealing and we'll split the profits.:D

Jon Skagfeld 12-07-05 06:14

Max...Tee Hee...sounds like a proper diabolical plan!:devil: :salute: :cheers:

Vets Dottir 12-07-05 15:47

:( Darn it ... I can feel those Tim Tams slipping away from me ..... :bang:

:D

Jon Skagfeld 13-07-05 06:07

Hey, guys...Michael just called and we've set up a bit of a get together, probably in Mount Forest, since Holstein hasn't got a bloody pub!

Max, your son sounds exactly like you! (I guess that confirms your genealogical blood line).:devil: :salute: :cheers:

I asked Michael what Mk your carrier was....I think he said Mk !...yes/no?

If you're interested, I have an original UC Mk 1 Ford Instruction Book...yours, if you can use it.

...and the beat goes on.....:drunk:

Max Hedges 13-07-05 13:48

carrier

The book would be interesting to read but ours is a MK2 . To compare your carriers with ours. I did have a ride in one belonging to Murray Caulder just after he got it running. Of all places to meet in a pub, I didn't know Mount Forest had one, trust Michael to find it.

Max

Bob Moseley (RIP) 13-07-05 23:24

Warning To Jon & Max

EXCUSE ME - I am the Salesman on this forum. Selling items such as Tim Tams without my input requires a tribute or commission payable to my welfare fund. PM me for Direct Debit banking details.
Salesman Bob

Jon Skagfeld 13-07-05 23:29

.......and just what is Keefy's cut from all this international financial action?:devil:

Keith Webb 13-07-05 23:33

Cut?

Quote:

.......and just what is Keefy's cut from all this international financial action?:devil:
Perhaps some crumbs?

Bob Moseley (RIP) 13-07-05 23:44

Who? Keefy, never heard of him.
Salesman Bob

Max Hedges 14-07-05 00:20

export sales

NSW ............ TIM TAMS

VICTORIA ......VEGEMITE

SOUTH AUSTRALIA...???????????????????????????:bang:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 14-07-05 00:59

HEY!!!!!!

Where's my cut, then? MLU demands Tribute if you sods wish to continue to become international financiers... sheesh... :smoker:

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Mark Sierant 14-07-05 01:41

South Australia

South Australia????????????????Borrossa Valley Red Wine capital of the world

Keith Webb 14-07-05 13:11

Never?

Quote:

Originally posted by Bob Moseley
Who? Keefy, never heard of him.
Salesman Bob

And just when he was feeling kindly disposed to send a copy of a certain DVD... shame about the memory...:rolleyes:

Vets Dottir 14-07-05 15:10

Re: Warning To Jon & Max

Quote:

EXCUSE ME - I am the Salesman on this forum. Selling items such as Tim Tams without my input requires a tribute or commission payable to my welfare fund. PM me for Direct Debit banking details.
Salesman Bob

How much do you want? :love:

:D MA :yappy:

Bob Moseley (RIP) 15-07-05 11:57

South Australia

Ahem!! - South Australia has already sent Billy Tea, a Billy, Anzac Biscuits and a miniature Jeep.

Keefy - was that the DVD that was going to accompany the others suggested for distribution here?

Spin-Ball - yours and MLU's cut is having the extreme pleasure and honour of us gracing the site with our wit, intellect and skills in international relations. Besides which we have more Blitzs than you.

Salesman Bob

Tony Smith 15-07-05 23:39

Re: export sales

Quote:

NSW ............ TIM TAMS

VICTORIA ......VEGEMITE

SOUTH AUSTRALIA...???????????????????????????:bang:

Queensland: Bundy Rum

New Zealand: Lamb roasts

Keith Webb 15-07-05 23:46

Re: South Australia

Quote:

Ahem!! - South Australia has already sent Billy Tea, a Billy, Anzac Biscuits and a miniature Jeep.

Keefy - was that the DVD that was going to accompany the others suggested for distribution here?

Spin-Ball - yours and MLU's cut is having the extreme pleasure and honour of us gracing the site with our wit, intellect and skills in international relations. Besides which we have more Blitzs than you.

Salesman Bob

As for the DVD - yes, that is the one.. as for favours I did have the impertinence to present myself in person TWICE so they could see what an Aussie looked like!
Actually I only went there to tease them about the CMP balance of trade!;)

Keith Webb 15-07-05 23:47

Re: Re: export sales

Quote:

Originally posted by Tony Smith
Queensland: Bundy Rum

New Zealand: Lamb roasts

They could try exporting a pie floater.:p

Jon Skagfeld 16-07-05 19:16

Tim Tam (etc) update

Met up with Michael and we chatted over a couple of beers.

He passed me some goodies, and here's the disposition of them:

Tim Tams...sold for $5.00 each, qty 2. Therefore Salesman Bob get his $1.00 (10%), Sunray gets $.50 (5 %) and Keefy gets his crumbs...$.10. That leaves $8.40 to split between Max and I.

Slouch hat...fits me perfectly and wouldn't really look good on GWB.

Uniform brass...will look really great as an addition to my museum collection.

Grease gun...already kitted out in toolbox on CMP.

Gee, what a great deal this has been!

:devil: :salute: :cheers: :D :D :D :D

PS: Max...Make sure you ask Michael for the little prezzie I gave him to give to you.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 16-07-05 20:45

Re: Tim Tam (etc) update

Quote:

Slouch hat...fits me perfectly and wouldn't really look good on GWB.
You unmitigated BASTARD... :mad: ... I'm drinking YOUR booze next time!

You Aussies out there... find me one too! Considering I have hundreds of you buggers on the site, it's only right and proper that I can represent you here in a satisfactory manner. How do you size your hats and how much do they cost? I really do want one, you know. Can't let Skag get all the attention, the prick, can we? He may be PRONTO, but I'm SUNRAY... :teach:

:drunk:

Jon Skagfeld 16-07-05 21:44

Hallo, Sunray, Pronto speaking.

Bit of a bother, old boy. Your last transmission was quite garbled and unworkable.

Some mention of slouching on a mat or somesuch?

Do re-transmit my dear fellow, there's good chap.

Over...

Keith Webb 17-07-05 00:53

Reason for garbled response

Jon you were probably viewing it through tears of laughter (as I was)!

Keith Webb 17-07-05 01:02

Slouch hat

1 Attachment(s)
I think Jon looks rather fetching - it suits him well, doesn't it?

Max Hedges 17-07-05 02:40

slouch hat

Looks like a true blue Aussie, next Jon will be drinking bundy rum and a odd VB or two
Max

cliff 17-07-05 02:56

Re: South Australia

Quote:

Spin-Ball - yours and MLU's cut is having the extreme pleasure and honour of us gracing the site with our wit, intellect and skills in international relations.
Salesman Bob [/B]
just as well there is a kiwi/Queenslander who visits these forums occassionly as well.

and Captain Morgan rum is far better then Bundy as well.

Hmmmm. time for another Tim Tam before they all get exported. :D

cheers
Cliff :salute: