MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MLU moves to .net (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16272)

Hanno Spoelstra 10-03-11 13:31

MLU moves to .net

All,

Please do not post any messages until the move to the new URL www.mapleleafup.net/forums is completed. We plan to move MLU over tonight, on Friday the move should be completed. Please pass the new URL on to all concerned.

Thanks!
Hanno

Jordan Baker 10-03-11 14:42

Hi Hanno

Maybe this msg should be at the top of all the forums. That way there would be less chance of missing it.

Hanno Spoelstra 11-03-11 22:09

Maple Leaf Up - back in operation

Dear MLU-ers,

Last night Shawn completed the move of the Maple Leaf Up Forum and website to a new server and domain. Therefore, as of 11 March 2011, mapleleafup.org has ceased to operate, but Maple Leaf Up is alive as ever here on mapleleafup.net!

The MLU Admin Team has tested the forum and all seems to be working as it should. If you run into any issues, please post them here, and we'll deal with them as they arise.

We are workong on the backlog of new member registrations, but please be advised that new registrations which do not comply to the few simple rules we have set to join will be deleted.

Please bear with us, the passing of Geoff has left a great void in both our personal lives and in the setting up and operation of this forum. But we are comitted to keeping Maple Leaf Up!

Thanks!

Hanno
on behalf of the MLU Admin Team

RHClarke 11-03-11 22:19

Well Done!

Hanno and team,

Thanks for the effort! It is very much appreciated in my circles.

Brian Gough 11-03-11 22:21

Thank you - well done

Welcome back. It seems to be working fine. I know a lot of work has gone into this conversion. A sincere thank you very much to Shawn, Hanno and Keith.

Brian :salute:

Phil Waterman 11-03-11 22:33

You beat me to it Rob

Hi Hanno, Shawn, Keith and everybody else who worked on this

Congratulations, and thanks for all the hard work. I've been going through CMP communications deficit syndrome with out it. Been sitting hear punching the new post button all morning (just kidding). Wanted to be the first to say thanks but Rob beat me.

Again Thanks Phil

cliff 11-03-11 23:12

thanks for the hard work guys it is good to be back :thup2:

Grant Bowker 11-03-11 23:31

In two words...... Thank you.

aj.lec 11-03-11 23:34

I am very glad that MLU continues and appreciate the hard work put in by the Admin team members and supporters :salute:

Thankyou team :cheers:

chris vickery 11-03-11 23:42

Thanks Guys, I am lost without MLU :cheers:

Lynn Eades 12-03-11 00:25

Ditto

Yep! its been covered, but thanks anyhow. I missed it.

Mark W. Tonner 12-03-11 00:26

Great work guys! Thanks! :thup:

Jon Skagfeld 12-03-11 02:33

Well, looks like I've managed to navigate myself through the re-registering process.

Allow me to add a Bravo Zulu to those who made it happen!

hrpearce 12-03-11 02:48

Thank You :thup2: :cheers:

Michael Dorosh 12-03-11 03:00

My old registration seems to work fine; glad to see the 'new' forum up and running.

Ryan 12-03-11 05:36

To the Admin team.

Or as they should be known:

The A-Team.

:drunk: :) :thup2: :salute: :cheers: :yappy: :note: :sheep:

colin jones 12-03-11 09:52

Great job guys, but don't you think there should be a small annual fee to keep this up and running. If every member paid a token of gratitude, then the cost of running should be zero to you guys. I am happy to give my 2 bobs worth.
Colin

Ganmain Tony 12-03-11 09:56

Return of the MLU

Due to very limited computer skills, I have no idea how much work you guys have put into getting this up and running again, but I guess it was probably as difficult as overhauling and tuning a Carter W1 Carb...maybe even more so.

Very grateful for the effort fellah's. Bloody good show!!!

Alex Blair (RIP) 12-03-11 15:44

I'm Baaaaa-a-a-a-ac-c-c-c-c-cK-k-k-k-k!!!!!

Hanno and crew..
You have exceeded your duty requirements..You are all hereby promoted to dedicated computer geeks..
Don't take your promotions lightly..You now fall in with Bill Gates...Steve Jobs..and other computer guru's..
Many thanks from many hands from many lands..
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :note: :note:

gordon 12-03-11 18:41

Good to be back, but ....

May I suggest that, in due time, when facilities permit, the home page gets a tribute page to Geoff?

It should be up there on the home page in big letters, I think.

Gordon

snowy Aberdeen

Ken Hughes 12-03-11 19:15

Good on ya guys,thanks.

Phil Waterman 12-03-11 19:41

Have you updated your web link to MLU

Hi All

As suggested I've updated all the links to MLU on my own computer, and removed the old ones.

To those of us who have personal web pages if you have a link on your web site to MLU now is the time to update those links as well.

Cheers Phil

Once again thanks to all who worked on the change over.

T Creighton 12-03-11 20:56

Appreciation

All the hard work is appreciated thanks.
Geoff would be smiling.

Terry

Wpns 421 12-03-11 22:27

Job well done

I join the others in saying thank you for the effort. Gilles

servicepub (RIP) 14-03-11 00:49

I note that the thread update e-mails I get still point me to the old site, i.e., .org not .net.

Phil Waterman 14-03-11 01:01

Same issue plus e-mails may be running behind

Quote:

Originally Posted by servicepub (Post 144326)
I note that the thread update e-mails I get still point me to the old site, i.e., .org not .net.

I notice the same issue with the pointer in the e-mail. But some of this may also be that the automated response may be running behind. I just got a whole batch of Reply to thread e-mails for updates that were posted yesterday and that I had even responded to already. These are not old post to my e-mail they are ones that were time stamped into the box with in the hour.

Suspect these are all just minor glitches which will sort out.

Again thanks to the crew for all your efforts. I appreciate and understand your efforts, it took me an hour to get my own web site to take the MLU address change so that if some hits the link on my site it actually gets them to MLU,

Cheers Phi

CWO (ret) Gilles Aubé 14-03-11 03:24

Bravo

It is back I have really mist it.
Merci pour l'effort.

CWO (RET'D) Gilles Aubé

greg.p 14-03-11 13:54

Thankyou to everyone involved.

It is not until something has gone, that you realise how much enjoyment it provides. Welcome back MLU!

Kind regards

greg.p :note:

hrpearce 14-03-11 22:33

I'm not getting loged out every hour now but staying conected until I log out myself. :thup2:

David_Hayward (RIP) 15-03-11 23:14

Well done!

Thank goodness it's all back.

:thup2: