MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wedding Wishes to a MLU member (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24652)

rob love 18-10-15 05:29

Wedding Wishes to a MLU member

So in the morning I and my wife are off to Winnipeg to attend the wedding of Derk Derin. For the longtime members of MLU, they will recall things like Derk rebuilding his transmission in the kitchen during the winter, or bringing in track sections through the living room to place in the wood stove for the day to free them up. Some of the members here guessed that he was single.

He has not been on MLU much for the last year or so, as he has aimed his obsessive compulsiveness at a new item in his life, which goes by the name of Dawn. Tomorrow is the day that Derk will no longer be a bachelor in his 40s, but instead will be a newly married man.

So let us congratulate Derk on his upcoming nuptials and wish him and Dawn a life of happiness.

I would like to think that we have not lost a member out of this but rather that Derk has gained someone to help him carry track sections in to the living room when necessary.

Jon Skagfeld 18-10-15 13:13

Winnipeg? Last time I got some surplus goodies from him, he was in NS or NB.

Anyway, good luck to him!

Rob Fast 18-10-15 14:15

All the best Derk...

I am glad you've found a partner, Rob and Tony.

David Dunlop 18-10-15 16:32

All the Best, Derk and Dawn!

David and Debbie

Howard 21-10-15 01:42

Congratulations

Congratulations Drek.
Now you can be just as happy as I am. ;)
Howard.

derk derin 27-04-16 08:20

I missed this post!

5 Attachment(s)
Rob,
I missed seeing this post! I really have been busy lately if I miss posts like this one especially if it's about me! Thank you for all the wedding wishes everybody. I truly have found the right woman for me finally! She likes guns (bought her a Ruger 10/22 for her birthday and she liked it!),her Grandfather was in WWII with the Regina Rifles Regiment so she understands my hobby (obsession) and she enjoys driving old vehicles around as I have had her help me a few times driving the jeep around as well as the old Winnipeg Police cars from the museum that I volunteer at. In fact the very first photo taken of us was at the 2013 Santa clause parade with me dressed as a 1960's Winnipeg Police officer for the parade in front of the 1978 Ford LTD Black & White Winnipeg Police car!
Our first date; October 18,2013,(Didn't mention my collection of guns & militaria right away from Rob's advice!)
Our engagement; October 18,2014 (she proposed to me,I made her get down on one knee!),
Our marriage; October 18,2015 (still had time after the ceremonies to go out into the parking lot and give Rob a few boxes of army surplus vehicle parts out of the wedding car!)

derk derin 27-04-16 08:26

Good times!

4 Attachment(s)
Who knew my perfect woman was actually where I work.Just had to be the right time I guess.Good thing too cause if I met her 20 years ago I probably would have been sleeping in the garage alot! It all worked out in the end!

Hanno Spoelstra 27-04-16 11:02

All's well that ends well.

Congrats to you Derk & Dawn!

Hanno

maple_leaf_eh 27-04-16 12:16

Good luck and congratulations. Good sense of timing. Now if you can only coordinate for the childrens' birthdays on the same date, you will not be distracted from your other interests ....

I recognize the scenery in the shot of the two police cars. So many Prairie towns have that style of backyard garages and alleys.