View Single Post
Old 30-08-09, 13:47

Default 12 cab Chev

Bob

Thanks for the kind words, the info on the truck and the offer of technical support, I'm sure I will be in touch soon. I am suprised I managed to sneak in ahead of The Rotters, very suprised!

I am not unfamiliar with the 12 cab truck, if you go to Soft Skins/15 CWT/ in the MLU vehicle section the first truck pictured is a 1942 12 cab Ford 15CWT at the Oshawa Museum. That was the first truck I restored 25 years ago, it was stripped to the frame and rebuilt, but then I didn't have the time and energy to find someone who could make the thing run right.

Having done several projects since then I have a better equipped shop and should have improved skills for this one. Being a Chev it should not have the distributor and fueling issues of the Ford and be a very drivable vehicle. Very much like my 13 cab. As ugly and cramped a drivers area that the 12 cab has I couldn't resist wanting another 12, I guess because that was it was my first truck.

I was told the dog house was taken away and that is some thing that is hard to replace, so I will keep that in mind that you have it.

As too the cargo box, I really don't know what to expect till I see it, but you don't make it sound very encouraging. I was also told the tail gate is missing . Time will tell what I need and I may well need to join in on the box fabrication purchase.

The recovery is all set up and goes today. Stewart Loy ( Mr goes any where any time ) has volunteered his sevices and I will get some pictures of the adventure. Unfortunately Toronto doesn't get out of bed before noon on sunday, so it will be late in the day before I get back home.

Gord