View Single Post
Old 01-09-09, 22:00

Default Pot...... Gord is looking for pot....

Lots growing as cash crops in Eastern Ontario.... or so I hear....

Do not despair..... they can be repaired from the inside lots of spare room for epoxy..... I know NOS are better but in a storm....

Reflectors, lens, ect. are available from MAC... and Stew has some installed on his UC that could be squirreled away and modified to fit on yours...hihihi

Sort out what you have.... take pictures..... will see what we can do.....

If you are lucky your box bottom structure may be good enough to build on..... the two boxes I have seem to have a good bottom...... but... I have not yet gone through a thorough exam..... and it may be easier to rebuild it completely due to the welding sequence in the assembly.

Nonetheless....... as Phil pointed out.... you have a head start compared to a lot of other restorations......

Don't forget that both Phil and I have MEGA pictures to refer to if needed.

I just spent the last two weekends debugging ...with Rotters assistance... my T case shift problems and linkage adjustments..... only to find out that I had installed the Tcase wrong..... minor thing but wrong....

The two speed T case is held suspended in place by 4 large 7/8 bolts and I had consulted the manuals and opted to install tire sidewall spacers between the Tcase and frame cross member to absorb vibration like a cushy HUP and installed the large 1/4 inch washers on top of the cross member for further strength......

Well the rubber spacers were torqued to shreads and the Tcase sat toooo high....... we had to loosened the whole assembly....without undoing the winch PTO or front/rear drive shafts using the over head crane and the floor jack..... removed one bolt at a time.. slide it in place the thick washer/spacer under the cross member and retightned.... I let Grant use is fingers as they are smaller.... actually didn't want to pinch mine....

Once the Tcase was back 1/4 inch lower with no rubber spacer like a real CMP everything started to work better... after some adjustments everything is A OK...... Boy we sure learn the hard way....!!!

Think of all the years of pure unadulterated fun ahead of you..... and your wife will know you are not in a sleezy pub every weekend.....

BooB
Canada