View Single Post
Old 26-06-10, 02:53
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Nicholls View Post
Hi Lionel and David,
The Gamma Goat sure looks to be an interesting vehicle but I wonder if beacuse of its articulated design if it's a mechanically complicated machine?.
I don't know of anyone who has a Wiles cooker so as to examine the rims. The originals were what you could term a 1 1/2 split. One rim (the inner) is complete and has the stud holes where as the other only has the holes for the outer studs and has no rim center. The bolt pattern is six stud and very similar to the GM vehicles but not the same unfortunately. As you can see in the picture mine are pretty well rotted out!
Regards,
Brett Nicholls.
G'day Brett,

No worries about my posting the picture - Jack Neville put the post up about how he is shipping in the Gamma Goat tyres. Also Bob Carriere mentioned about the goat in his post too

Until Jack & Bob put their posts up I did not know that such a thing as the Gamma Goat existed.

A couple of the links I put up do mention how the Goat spent a lot of time in the workshop, however the article says that when they were working they were hard to beat.

Apart from the trailer do you have any WWII type vehicle to pull it with - more photographs would be great!

Kind Regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2