Thread: MLVW sightings
View Single Post
Old 19-03-11, 13:54
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
Yes the guy in Montreal bought a cab & frame from a dealer in the US and did a major frame modification to the truck. I recently spoke to the SQ(Police) and was informed that the MLVW can be plated as an artisanal truck if
- a major modification was done to the engine and transmission i.e. change them for another pair diesel & auto to multifeul & manual, frame work done i.e. bob the truck, or in my case remove an axle. You need a minimum of 3 major changes then he will give you a paper to take to the DMV(SAAQ).
I am in the process of buying a cab and chassis with a good title from the US and we will change the frame and then remove an axle, this will qualify as an artisanal truck. It will also have a new VIN number.
Believe me I have spent a lot of time and effort in trying to get my trucks plated. As to the single cylinder brake system we have found a kit that mounts in the cab and is an auxillary reservoir that easily connects to the existing system. Takes about 2 hours to do.
I will soon be moving into Ontario and will come under a new DMV system. MTF Gilles

Gilles
I will soon be moving into Ontario
Where..Bobby's back 50 Acres..??