View Single Post
Old 14-04-11, 23:31

Default All New Spring Pins and Bushings

Hi All

I've been looking for replacement bushings for the springs, spring shackles, and frame mounts for the HUP for a month or so, also wanted to replace the rear spring pins. Big problem I have had is everywhere I checked they had parts listed only by applications. Even searching on the web I was not finding what I needed in the form of dimensional listing. Found some but I didn't have much faith in their knowledge of what they were selling example finding one list where all the bushings had larger IDs than ODs. A couple of the really big bushing makers would make any size you wanted generally minimum of 100.

Anyway found a couple of promising old parts houses and to really see if they had the parts needed I did a small CAD drawing with photos of the parts. But before sent them out, I called the major heavy truck spring shop for the state and asked if they had size listings they responded sure so I sent them the drawing in an e-mail. They called back and said think we have everything you need so I went over this afternoon with all the bits. Guy takes me out to the parts bins 12 new brass bushings and 6 new rear spring pins total cost $92.68. Now that I have the part numbers I could actually look them up and discovered they are readily available. But the real surprise was the local heavy truck gave me shop price instead of the list. So the LHE bushings that list for $12.35 then sold them to me at $4.35.

The only not exact match was the pins which have a different pin bolt grove size. Which will be easy to work around.

So now I can start reassembling the chassis.

Cheers Phil
Attached Thumbnails
MLU 4-13 Beast Rebuild Camera 006.jpg   HUP Spring Parts Revised.jpg  
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com