View Single Post
Old 12-07-04, 01:09
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Carman, Wild westHi Carman

Quote:
Originally posted by Norm Cromie
Hi Carman: My wife and I greatly enjoyed your cross conversation with Hilary. We really feel there could be many more interesting threads from woman. As I feel they are nearly as good as men any time of the day. I am sure going to get into big S.... When my wife reads this because she is the computer guru in our family. Now Carman, I have three serious questions for you....
IS THE RIVER REALLY RED.....ARE THE BUFFALO'S STILL ACTUALLY ROAMING....AND DO YOU LIVE IN A TP.

Norm
Hi Norm.

Well, SIR, I you, but you said, "there could be many more interesting threads from woman. As I feel they are nearly as good as men any time of the day."

I SAY, ... I imagine that when your Computer Guru Wife reads what you said that you shall hear your Tigress Wife RRROARRRRR ... and it won't be no mating call either!

ANSWERS;

1) No. The River is NOT red .... but a constant churned grey-brown opaque yuk. I'll have to find the story on the naming of the river and how it came to be called "The RED River" I imagine something to do with a residue, silt, whatever ... orth RED come from blood shed in a particular battle. I'll post the info when I find it.

2) BUFFALO roaming ... they are NOT extinct, and there is a herd of them outside Winnipeg out Highway 59 I believe (I saw them a couple of months ago) They must be "roaming" in a "specially protected area for them"

3) No to the TP. I live in a Bunker ... says Mark-O Tonner-O...aka basment suite of a real house in a real mid-class neighborhood of Wpg...older area called N. Kildonan ...I'm sure th buffalo roamed the neighborhood a couple of centuries ago. A 10 minute bicycle ride takes me out to the Primeter Highway, where i can see country, and the sign for "Grand Beach" ...going that way you'd see the buffalo eventually The Perimter Highway is interesting... it completely surrounds the outskirts of Winnipeg, so if anyone tells you they live near the Perimeter Hwy, DO ask for more specific landmarks

(Injoyed your post to me Norm and in Southern California ... any TP's close by?