Thread: CWM visit
View Single Post
Old 15-04-12, 15:32
3RD ECHELON WKSP

My point is that I know of Privately funded museums and collections which take more care and consideration in their collections- without government assistance, without volunteers.
Granted the CWM does indeed do what they can but even a museum "volunteer" agreed with me when I pointed out the incorrect lights on the Pzkfw 2. His response "take it up with management as I have before, good luck"... So it seems that within the organization there are those who know whats right, wrong etc but fighting a bureacracy which does not care.
When I first got into collecting mvs, I though that the CWM was the be all , end all of preservation; until I got educated.
Would some of our foreign members chime in here? Are your museums the same/better/worse? I am thinking the Tank Museum at Bovington/Jacques Littlefield Collection, Wheatcroft Collection etc?
It looks to me that I could have thrown my old junker M38A1 into the collection and call it a "museum piece".
Maybe I am too much a purist but I know it "bugs" me when something is not correct for one of my projects.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers