View Single Post
Old 12-06-12, 11:47

Default Information about rear wheel of replica

Hello TONY

I have had a call phone from the owner of the replica and I ask him information about the wheels and the tires.
You were right : the rear wheel comes from a canadian wheel (I think F15, F15A,C15,C15A, DODGE T110 D60 L5 or even british truck like BEDFORD MWD had the same wheels with 8 nuts) but some modificatons have been done. The center of the wheel was cut and a metalic disc was welded with 10 holes to match with the screws of the drum. I don't know the original truck used to build the replica and I wonder to see it (or it's remain) because the only CHEVROLET (that I know) with a wheel with 10 holes were CC60L truck (MODIFIED CONVENTIONNAL PATTERN) used in desert war with single wheel at the rear and a EATON differential with two speeds like DODGE T110D60L5 or FC60L).
I have a pic of this truck (founded on mapleleaf forum some year ago).
For an unknowed reason the wheels is mounted in the opposite direction (nut to fix the two parts in the inner).

I hope to meet him in one week and spoke with him in front of the truck.
About the tire he told me that the tires are the tires of HUMER H1. I am amazing because on web site the tires of HUMER H1 are 37.5X12.5X16.5 LT and on the tire we don't read these information.

About front wheels it's a mystery and he was unable to give accurate informations.
As soon I meet hime I will send to you an other post

Best regards Serge