View Single Post
Old 26-10-12, 09:05
MLU Administrator

All, well done bringing this to our attention. Again, an example of the wealth of knowledge and experience available on MLU!

If you believe it or not, this is part of our hobby and we have to take care of it. Thanks to those concerned for bringing this to our attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris vickery View Post
Opening up a can of worms, great is all I can say. Just a nail in the coffin to yet another nice hobby we all enjoy...
Sure Chris, stick your head into the ground like an ostrich. I'm sure no-one will find out, even though the radiation experts know the risks and the governing bodies have policies in place to protect you from the dangers of radiation.

I'd like to second what Lynn said on the thread close up picture of Mk1 Speedometer required:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
I have to thank you for the efforts you have made to to bring this risk to the public attention.
I realise you needed to ask all the questions to satisfy your own worries, but you didn't have to make it public. We appreciate the fact that you have given us the warning.
I have to wonder how many of us have already had exposure to some degree, as children, playing with old surplus aircraft instruments and the like.
Your concern for the rest of us, means that we can now make an informed choice on how we go forward.
I am sure that you will have changed someones life for the better.
Life is fragile