View Single Post
Old 01-11-12, 05:52
carrier mech

Brian
The C-24 tool is what we used to order in the military to replace the cheaper stamped steel one which was supplied through the system. The military issue one was not heavy enough to crimp properly....rather it would kind of bend and fold over itself.

There are many other sellers of that tool on ebay, have a look at completed auctions while looking up "C-24 tool"......not sure why the seller has such an aversion to shipping to the border. I see his shipping rate is $30 to Canada. Seems expensive and then one pays the extra $10 service charge to customs/Canada Post just to write the bill for the tax. I paid more today for a $75 parcel on the service fee than I paid in the tax. I think I'll stick with US sellers who will ship to my border service.

I always preferred to solder and crimp, but one or the other should suffice.

I haven't seen your prices on the pieces lately, but the trends that I have been seeing in the US seem to make scratch building quite prohibitive. But I am a fan of that wire....all of the wire under that mil spec number has some of the nicest insulation coating available.