View Single Post
Old 21-05-13, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euan McDonald View Post
Did anyone else notice the Bren carrier track winch hanging from the rear of the tipper?
D'oh!

Sorry Euan, I had a good look through the stuff in that tipper, which included three rusty flathead blocks and miscellaneous engine parts, but I've never even heard of a Bren carrier track winch, let alone seen a picture of one! It doesn't look "vehicular" to me, so I probably dismissed it as yet another piece of industrial or farm machinery.

By way of background for others here - access to this property has been extremely difficult to arrange, requiring the son to take time off work as his elderly mother now lives alone there. The task fell to me as I'm not working and I live out that way. My "inspection" consisted of running around taking as many photos as possible in the brief time allotted, and circulating them subsequently to prospective buyers. A handful of vehicles were identified as "keepers", with the rest to be stripped of useful parts. However, despite my numerous attempts to arrange access for parts salvage, it wasn't given until commencement of scrapping. Unfortunately one of the photos that didn't get circulated was this one:
Attached Thumbnails
TONY5619 - Copy (2).jpg   TONY5619 - Copy (3).jpg   Snapshot 3 (21-05-2013 4-25 PM).jpg  
Attached Images