View Single Post
Old 31-08-13, 23:49
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth View Post
HI, Selling my Ford, £8500 ono
This F15 was auctioned on eBay, see item no. 251325597183, high bid was £5,000.

H.

Quote:
Sad to say, it is time for someone else to have fun and take care of this lovely little truck.
Made in 1942 in canada this is the rarer 4x2 version 13 cab truck.
Powered by its correct flathead v8 engine and 4 speed crash box, no transfer case on this model.
I have fitted electronic ignition that does away with the contact breakers and condenser and never needs adjusting.
Also have fitted a solid state regulator to get rid of the unreliable coils.
It is currently taxed (free) and MOT exempt, and insurance works out at about £100 fully comp.
Tyres are 900x16 petlas on correct split rim wheels and will be good for many years to come.
I bought this vehicle because of it's correct original fittings, and I think this is one of it's strong points.
Bad(ish) points, This is an older restoration and as such is showing signs of age and use, the rear canvas has a tear in it and a few small holes but keeps the inside dry, I also think it is from a different vehicle as the lower straps do not line up correctly at the back, it still closes though.
The paint underneath is starting to flake in places, you may wish to repaint.
A new dip switch will be needed and of course the small oil leaks from old seals.
Non of the above stops me from using the truck and if it doesn't sell on here this week, we will be camping out at malpas beginning of September.
I could go on for ages, but if you are interested,drop me a line and we can talk some more, I would definatelly recommend that you view before bidding, we are located in beautifull North Wales.
The pictures shown are from when I purchased the truck from Jersey and has been re registered here so has a different reg number
Test drives are more than welcome, you will need fully comprehensive insurance for the truck and £ 7000 cash in my hand, I will pay for the petrol.
Any inspection is more than welcome, I will put the kettle on!
Cash or cheque is fine, but will have to clear in my account before release, no paypal unless you pay the fees!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg