View Single Post
Old 23-11-13, 14:41
aut viam inveniam aut fac

When I visited Cyprus in the mid 80s, (as a member of the CFE Pipes and Drums) I seem to recall there were M38a1...although I really wasn't paying attention much at the time..and the band had a tendency to be thirsty....a lot...almost all the time..

Also several M-113...and of course patrols along the green line passed the car dealership with several brand new..but aging and very very dusty cars sitting there.

Forget the brand, but I dont recall that they'd be of great interest to collectors..

The Ledra Palace was really a wreck, with ropes in the staircase to prevent people from falling over the railings and seriously injuring themselves or dying. ..alhtough the pool was nice...especially late at night when invaded by somewhat tipsy band members..but not for long as we were discovered ( I guess we were whispering more like Homer Simpson.) and told in no uncertain terms to ...well you can imagine

One thing that I inquired about was the wood batons in the jeeps... "puppy pounders" I was told... problem with wild dogs attacking the jeeps when out on patrol and the clubs were to whack them if they got too close

Question: where can one get the red warning decals for the antenna mounts?