View Single Post
Old 09-09-14, 22:36
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by universalgrl View Post
Any chance of getting the power plug and socket made for my 38 AFV set. Some one hardwired a cable inside the radio and took out the socket. I think the plug is identical to the WS19HP 12 V plug but about half the size.
It's rather smaller than that. It's the one used for the "Control" lead on the WS19HP amplifier (where it's connected to the relay coil and is in series with the WS19 HT2). The same connector is an even more "multi purpose part" and was used on the WS 38, 31 and 88 AFV supply units, the R109 and supply units for the WS22 and PCR series receivers.

The large one is ZA.6403 (and I've just discovered my spare one is a shorting link, which explains its use in the Larkspur test boxes: presumably there's a lead for use with a DC ammeter that replaces it so you can measure the set input current via that plug/socket and the applied voltage via a pair of banana sockets on the test box. This probably means I ought to get more of them when I find some!)

The small one has ZA.32806 on it, which makes it well post-WW2 and probably for the WS31 or WS88 AFV supply unit/LF amplifier. They appear to have had a thing about renumbering things after WW2. There _will_ be earlier examples with a lower number.

Chris.