View Single Post
Old 09-04-03, 23:08
Alexander Borgia

Default don't be too quick

As I write, I'm listening to the Reuters reporter arguing with her home office about the story she is filing, and she very clearly stated that she won't file a story that the New York thinks it wants. She's swearing her head off, and in her words, "there was only a few hundred ****ing people there in a city of millions." I am assuming she's referring to the jubliation.

Considering that the Taliban is making a comeback, and has even taken over some gov't offices in Zabul (not Kabul) let's not be too hasty. Russian sources have indicated that the regular military was told to hide and not give up their positions until the US got into Baghdad, and that so far only a recce force is in there, then they are planning to mount a counter offensive.

Were I commanding the Iraqi forces, this is the plan I would be adopting, time will tell whether this is the plan and whether it will succeed or not. But, I do have to note that the US is claiming 7500 pows, and even if causalties were as high as 5000, that still leaves a few hundred thousand Iraqi soldiers unaccounted for.