View Single Post
Old 27-02-15, 05:24

Default LP2 SAR316 Restoration

Hi all,

I've checked the piece above the aperture above where the gearbox mates with the diff. There appears to be the remains of "STH....." however the rest has been obliterated by tool marks, damage and slag etc from where it was cut up previously. My best guess is another produced by South Australian Railways, but given its overall state that's the best I can surmise.

Thanks heaps Mike for the info about my hull. I have been intending to travel to the War Memorial at some time to try and locate the ARN for my hull, and hopefully which regiment it was allocated to, this will save me a fair bit of time and effort trying to locate those details with the info you've provided.

I already made a start cutting parts away from both hulls to begin the transplant process. Got to be careful with the grinders to make sure I don't start a fire..... while doing this, I have found evidence of disruptive camouflage painted on my lower hull, which can kinda be seen in the 1st pic. My son's Thomas train set has temporarily found a home on top of the carrier...luckily it easy to move whenever I need to.

I've got some time off when Corowa is on, so I will definitely be making the trip there, and hope to have the opportunity to meet some of you there.

Matt.
Attached Thumbnails
pic10.jpg   pic11.jpg