View Single Post
Old 11-03-15, 13:25
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake neville View Post
they are both the larger capacity engine, 2 inches longer than the T214 it should have in it. i am after a bit more grunt to help with the diff's i have put in it.

i have been doing some research in an attempt to figure out what size they are but am not really sure by the numbers i'm looking at. everything i have searched on the net hasn't been much help as these things were built for decades in a large variety of sizes.

e block and :E131

Can you measure the bore and stroke of one cyl. to work out the capacity and then multiply X 6

The early long blocks were first used in the local 1941 army utes and sedans with the TJ Richards bodies , these were Canadian made engines ,with a 3 and 3/8" bore X 4 and 1/16" stroke . The two 1941 military Plymouth De Soto utes I had both had those engines . P in the prefix is usually for Plymouth .

They later went to 3 and 7/16" bore and a variety of strokes .

Many years ago a guy in Sydney, Col Conyard, had a lot of NOS weapons carrier parts . I bought NOS transfer case shafts from him . He died, I dont know what happened to his stock of parts .
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad