Thread: WS 58 set
View Single Post
Old 25-07-15, 15:41

Default Roberta

Got your email. I will not be able to post photos for a while. Our wireless printer just packed it in a few days ago that I load all my photos and scans through. Just starting the process of rediscovering what is on the market these days.

For the VPSU for the 58-Set, there is no haversack for it, just a set of canvas straps. Is it pics of these two straps you need?

I have the sectional aerial put away somewhere safe??? at the moment. Bit of an oddball thing. Once you've seen one you'll never forget it. 4 pieces about a foot long each. Sections are not tapered like the larger 19-Set cousins but constant diameter. About an inch of one end is flared into a socket and an inch of the opposite end looks like the pointy end of an FN Rifle Blank Cartridge with four slots in it. Coloured bands on the flared ends to match them up correctly. The four sections are slightly smaller diameters so the colour bands seem a bit redundant.

Do you have the Canadian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Regulations Wireless Sets Cdn. No. 58 Mk I Identification List and Echelon Repair Schedule? I have the 1 JUNE 1945 issue with a 1 JUNE 1944 addition and updates from 30 MAY 1947 and 10 July 1950.

Nice to see the two batteries in your collection. I am assuming those are the beasts that caused the backlog of sets in England. They did not form part of the basic set package but were a separate order item apparently.

David