View Single Post
Old 15-11-15, 12:09
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Stephenson View Post
Also, last week I was fortunate enough to take a look at a recent arrival to Albury. Its not CMP, allied or even a land vehicle. I got to have a look at what is termed an "Original Rebuild" Focke Wulf FW-190. As it happens the aircraft's owner, who is not a local, had decided to put his collection of original FW-190 parts to good use and have an air frame built around them. I'm told that a minimum 10% original parts are required to meet the requirement of it being classed as an "Original rebuild". Nonetheless, its a thing of beauty, and something that I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to look over, under and all around and take a few photos. I'm told by the owner of the FW-190 it will remain here in Albury for a while along with a few other war birds also residing here, as he learns how to fly it.

As usual, pics attached. All comments welcome.
Hmm, registration: VH-WLF is attributed to a Cessna 172 Skyhawk, although it was written off in an accident so the registration may have been reused.

Also, it looks smaller than the original so it may be one of the 80% scale replica's which are being built?

Interesting to see, nevertheless!