View Single Post
Old 16-12-15, 01:28

Default Safety with armour

Gents,

My recent safety concern is with photographers. Either amateur or professionals.On a recent HMV parade during wich i was driving my Carrier, through the streets of my town on Remembrance Day , at least two of that kind threw themselves in front of me as i was riding at close to 20 MPH . People expect we can stop on a dime.

In one instance i caught the lower part of my pant leg on the something and had difficulty reaching the brake pedal down low below the sloping armour.

I was barely able to stop in time 5 feet from the guy. He tought it was funny and smiled, thinking i was showing off. He had his objective on my face so i started smiling for posterity . He almost got badly injured or killed and he did not even know it.

That taught me to think ahead just like when i see deer or moose on the highway's edge. Foot off the gas pedal and on to the brakes at ready . Breaks your convoy speed and distance between vehicles but a life is worth much more than uniformity.

I agree with the posters . Stand or sit but don't move around and yes , the CC in a Carrier should be standing and looking all around. Also, don't climb , i have a very nice stepladder i carry around to help you in and out one at a time.

I look forward seeing the agreed checklist that is coming out if this tread.
94 LSVW