View Single Post
Old 28-01-16, 07:14
Dave Good

Default Fire Extinguisher Mounts

As I am getting closer to finishing my fabrication on the carrier I am at the point of the fire extinguisher brackets and need to make one or two of them.

With my carrier I got two types of the brackets for the MK1 carrier. First is CTL13303 which is a flat plate that bolts to the upper deck of the engine and the extinguisher mount screws to it. The second is CTL13276 and is bent down at both ends, But this bracket is NOT listed in the parts book . If I hold it up to the drivers side mounting holes with the extinguisher mount it seems to work there but I have seen some pictures that the bracket instead of being bent down at both ends it curves back around and bolts in behind the bracket.

Does anyone have a good clear picture or pictures of this bracket and the measurements so that I could make a couple, PLEASE

Also the CTL13276 bracket will not work on the gunners side front as the extinguisher mounts to low and hits the mudgard, But the other style bracket with the curve back seems to mount the extinguisher higher.

Another thing I noticed is that the mounting pattern of the brackets and extinguisher mounts are different, the 6 screw holes the rear deck mounts are longer than the front mount. Just found that interesting as looking at the fire extinguishers I picked up for it 2 had the longer screw mounts and one had the shorter pattern which fits the CTL13276 bracket, see pictures. I believe the one picture is of Jordens carrier
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0022.jpg   DSC_0023.jpg   DSC_0024.jpg   DSC_0025.jpg   pyrene01.jpg