View Single Post
Old 02-02-16, 05:56
Dave Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy8men View Post
dave, to the best of my knowledge that bracket has been on my carrier in that position since 1941, the bracket you have is wrong for the gunners side
If you are referring to the picture I took of the mount and bracket in my carrier, yes I know it was not correct as I was just using the picture to show that the bracket would not work for that side and wanted to know what did. As Robs pictured showed that one of his and yours in the picture was different then my driver side mount and bracket.

Here is what I can figure out so far with the latest picture from you and Rob:

1 There are 3 fire extinguishers in a MK1 carrier

2 There are 3 different brackets for the mounts

3 The gunners and rear deck mounts are the same, The driver side is different

4 The driver side and Gunner side bracket are the same dimensions BUT the 6 screw holes for the mount are different on each bracket as well as the gunners side uses 2, 5/16 holes to mount the bracket where as the driver side uses on 3/8 on top and a 5/16 hole on the bottom.

So one question remains is the bracket in the drawing I did and have seen in a few pictures a late model bracket or did some one just start making the bracket different to suit their needs as I have seen that bracket in the drivers and gunners area in most of the picture I have down loaded from this site ???????