View Single Post
Old 11-04-16, 14:18

Default New member intro

Hi all, some of you may know me from decades ago. I think I got the MV bug in high school, I went to the same school Bill Gregg (no relation) sent his son to. Our history teacher was big on military history and took us to Bill's farm for a field trip, I can still vividly remember many of the vehicles from over 30 years ago. Years later I bought an M38A1 which led me to meet Brian Asbury, who was kind enough to let me tag along on many occasions and get a good feel for this unique hobby. I also met Stew Robertson, and was interested to learn he had a big part in the collection I had seen in high school.
Through Brian I also met Tony Sanden, who let me help out on some of his vehicles and also employed me at his factory for a couple of years. Somewhere along the way the A1 was sold and I later picked up an M38 with the aluminum hard top, mostly complete but also a complete basket case. Family life intervened and it is still in storage, along with a nice M100. There was an M1008 CUCV (again thanks to Brian) that served as my daily driver for a few years, possibly the only one to ever have the arctic kit and 2 baby seats installed at the same time. As my time and resources are slowly swinging back into my possession I look forward to resurrecting these projects and getting back out to the shows. I find it interesting to think that had I not bought that first Jeep the events above would not have happened and my life would have taken a completely different path.