View Single Post
Old 10-05-16, 14:48

Default Wiring continued......

Phil what really helped was using the same color code as the original wiring.... made using the CMP MB-C2 wiring diagram much easier to use.

Putting in the wiring harness before the body is on the frame is definitely the way to go.... in a plant setting!!!

Fishing the headlight wiring after the fenders are installed is not easy...not impossible ...but not easy.

Alex..... regarding photos..... did not take any due to the tight physical location...... in some instances... I had to remove my jacket, roll up my shirt sleeve and remove my wrist watch to reach inside the engine bay.

I will try to take some photos and post them for you...... but if you have any specific questions let me know and will try to take additional photos or give you a verbal description.

Since Phil had faithfully reproduced the CMP harness it had the connectors mid way which allowed me to split the harness midway near the T-case cross member. It allowed me to install the rear section and the lights and apply power to test them out. I did the same with the front section...... I was fortunate enough to have 3 cab 12 to look at to see how the harness was installed as mine had been totally stripped out ( originally by the mice).

So having done the rear section I worked on the front section of the ligths and tested the headligths. Actually as you connect the most obvious parts you have less and less to be intimidated by.

My issue now is redoing an instrument cluster to that I can finish the dash wiring. I have to salvage a fuel guage then can move ahead.

I temporarily designed some front flasher lights to fit on the bumper for the signal lights... and they test good.... will have pics of that for you.

One of my headache right now is that my cab 11 never had side lights mounted on the front fenders and I am not sure I want to drill holes to install them. I am considering going back to the original headlights with the separate reflector/lens system which would include the built in parking lights inside the headlight bucket.

So far, starting from both ends and meeting in the middle, seems to work for me.

My plans are to fully hard wire the voltage regulator.... then modify to accomodate the alternator and leave the voltage regular sitting there as a dummy. I am not an expert at this and must admit that you need to really think and concentrate on doing it well..... it is not a slam dunk deal but do-able........ with patience and persistance.

Cheers
Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 10-05-16 at 14:54.