View Single Post
Old 28-06-16, 16:49

Well pity 'Wiki-Crap' can't read or 'copy-right' .... there is no mention of the USAAC or the USAAF or the USAF in my 1993 book which included the chapter on the S1 (SC4) scout car. Still, can you expect anything better from 'Wiki-crap'?

The purchaser, direct from Ford MC of Aust, was the USASOS - US Army Services of Supply on behalf of/for the use of the USAFIA - US Army Forces in Australia.

Two are still in existence as far as I know: Bob's restoration and a body(?) stuck on a chassis, also in Qld (we discussed it on another thread, I seem to remember?)

Most of the images are well known ones and most have been published before in various places. The third one down, with the building behind with the writing, is a new one to me, and I wonder where it is. I purchased a copy of the 4x4 image when I did the book in 1993 - it came from the RAC Museum at Bovington, and I've since sourced a couple more from other places. But I've never seen the images with the text blocks included, so that and image 3 are new ones on me.

Mike C