View Single Post
Old 03-01-17, 05:23

Default Pics coming of cab 12

HI Terry

Will need to take pcitures of my best cab 12 for the vacuum line.... I know where it is from memory but a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Temp gauges I have seen of those civilian dashes ARE all with the copper line none were ever electric....but then I have lead a seclude life.

Lenght is approx. 84 inches on mine which was copied from an old original.....

The trick is where it connects to the T case.

The speedo cable is driven by the center gear..... center cap of the T case.
Ther are two models..... the better ones the connection on the cap where the cable screws in is at 9 oclock when sitting underneath and looking back. So the cable comes down within the frame over youleft shoulder end goes into the t case center cap with a minimum of bending.

ON the worst model the connection is at noon and requires a sharp 90 degree bend to connect into the T case......... cable do not like to be bent that way..... some models had a piece of sheet metal that was clipped to the cable housing that held the sharp bend stable........ The Original cable for the GMC trucks that Frank sells do have that metal reinforcement for the sharp bend at the speedo head.

For simplicity I found and transplanted the 9 oclock cover from another T case for my truck.

Pics tomorrow

Cheers
Canada