Thread: Wanted: Wireless Set Valves/Tubes
View Single Post
Old 12-02-17, 03:15
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
If I had been really thinking, I should have listed the elusive Valves in the first place. Doh!

The items I am short are:

1 x 6H6
2 x 6K8G
2 x 6V6G

Great minds think alike, Stuart. I currently have an ad running on the WARC Swap and Shop that has actually scared up the 6H6. the other two, no such luck. lots of members on the net familiar with them but all seem to have gone away from that equipment some years ago. I got started with the 19-Set stuff back in the late 70's when most of them were divesting themselves of the equipment freely, or for the price of a coffee and a chin wag.

As Chris mentioned, something of a recent resurgence in appreciation for valve driven audio and guitar amps has dented the market for the remaining items.

David
The audiophiles mostly go for the power triodes , these are typically fitted in their guitar and audio amps , these types of tubes have a limited application in the radio field . One exception is the 211 triode , these were used in the American BC191/375 transmitter , I have a BC 191 and thankfully the four 211 triodes are still in it

I don't have any 19 sets ATM but I do have NOS tubes for them. BTW there is a mk3 19 set ( Russian markings ) for sale here right now, with a original linear amp $300 . I am tempted to buy it https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/belg...kid/1138493101
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad