View Single Post
Old 25-09-17, 07:57
[user name reset]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lang View Post
Gina

Mike's letter of September 1942 clearly states that there have been, and continue to be, quality and standardisation issues.

It is a report on a meeting attended by The Australian Camouflage Paint Committee" (the manufacturers) and the Directorate of Camouflage. You can write off user complaints as being for poor application, harsh conditions, bad paint storage methods etc but it seems to me this is first hand evidence from the horse's mouth not anecdotal.

It would have taken some considerable time before these issues were addressed, if ever. Are there any other documents to indicate complete industry-wide standard formulation and industry controlled contract allocation as envisaged at this meeting?

Lang
as the file points out those deficiencies were discovered and as the file shows were addressed...the paint ,manufactures who were at fault fixed the problem and that's my point . There were complaints about the quality of some paints particularly from Taubmans in Victoria the issue was addressed and rectified.

Mike Kelly ..I agree it depends on how and where the vehicles were stored...Inside for most of us would seem an extraordinary stroke of luck...the pictures in this thread are as far as I can tell from vehicles that were parked outside without protection . I think its a long bow to assert the paint was poor quality when we rely on 75 year old examples of extant paint samples like these to make our case for colour pattern ect

Sorry Mike Cecil I thought a direct link to the file was quickest of all ....I will pop the bar code in it for you none the less. I thought paying the 245 bucks to put it on line and supplying the link was generous enough ......

Last edited by Mrs Vampire; 25-09-17 at 08:03.