Thread: My new project
View Single Post
Old 17-01-18, 13:41

Default My new project

Hi all, apologies for the vague title for this thread. Truth be told I am not really sure what I have gotten myself into and would appreciate any help identifying these two rigs.

I have always loved "Blitz" trucks. Couple that with my love of anything with a transfer case and well, here I am!

The first one is the most complete. Ex South Australian Fire Austhority truck with sunshine roof. Unfortunately the plate they have welded along the chassis for bracing and strength has covered the chassis number.
It is running a Falcon straight 6 and auto! As you can see the nose has been extended to fit the ford 250.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	833.9 KB
ID:	97161

The second is a longer wheel base but has had the rear diff moved forward. It has a chev 6 in it and is also running a PTO. This one is missing the roof but is less molested. Its chassis number is 38444 ?0

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.33.21 pm copy.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	97162

I hope to make 1 good one out of the two. I am not convinced I will restore these to the standard of many on this forum. I would still like to be able to take it off road or camping and not worry wrecking the resto. Maybe a freshen up instead?