View Single Post
Old 21-05-18, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
Sometime the Canadian Army Registration Number was stenciled on the inside of the glove box door.

The large patch on the passenger side might have been a solution to significant rust in that area. Since it is the curb side of the vehicle, that side can be prone to excessive salt and sand damage if operated in such conditions a lot.

Also, do any holes for the spare tire mount and jerry can bracket show up on the interior of the back panel? You may have a surviving front bumper lift ring assembly dead centre on the front bumper. If not front, then rear ring.

David
Thanks for the tips. I had not paid attention to the interior of the glove compartment other than cleaning out a few wasp nests, so I went out and checked. The inside of the door is OD green, and has no lettering.

The interior of the back panel is completely smooth with the exception of two 1/4" holes for the license plate. That info, along with the location of the spare tire mount, causes me to think that a lot of things have changed since it left service.

I think you are correct about the lift ring, as it looks very much like ones seen in other photos. The front bumper is an interesting bit of fabrication and it seems to be very well-made... but it will need to go away along with the monstrous tow bar. I intend to cut off the lift ring and restore it to the original location, as well as attempt to find a match for the other side.

The more I look at the patch work on the passenger side, I am convinced that a patch panel was welded in place over the original metal. There is a change in thickness a few inches below the windshield and it carries all the way to the bottom. I think it will come off as time permits, and will be patched to include the dish for the power port.

Last edited by TonyRoper; 21-05-18 at 21:20. Reason: a word or three