Thread: M216 Cdn
View Single Post
Old 24-10-18, 01:42
Centurion nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
The only markings on the truck are a 6 inch white hollow square on each door under the registration # and white 17 on the top front of the hood on the left hand side, the right hand side had a Maple Leaf on a square which I see has disappeared over the years.
A white serial '17' on a blue rectangle was the vehicle unit sign for an engineer squadron within an infantry brigade group. The red rectangle with a gold maple leaf was the formation sign of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division.

For those vehicles located in Canada, the red rectangle would have been replaced by late 1966. For those in Europe, by 1970.

I have no idea what the six inch white hollow square is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
It is also marked inside the doors for speed limits on the autobahn 40mph and other roads 30mph. I have asked the question a few times in various places but nobody has answered, did Canada have the autobahn speeds in all vehicles or just vehicles that served in Europe.
I don't have an answer to your autobahn speed limit question, but is the fact it has an autobahn speed limit the only reason to think the vehicle may have been in Germany?

Cheers,
Dan.