View Single Post
Old 06-12-18, 06:18

Default My CMP restoration

Hello all. I have begun to work on a CMP that was in very good condition to look at but not so hot once it got stripped down. I bought it already taken apart but the first pics are as it was bought by the previous owner. It was too much of a project and so he sold it to me in boxes and bits.
The truck was put back to a running chassis so I could load it on my trailer and drive it into my garage, after that I took the engine off and re-did the rear crank seal as it was leaking. The tranny seems ok and the transfer case needs a new gasket but overall it ran well.
I am now down to the brakes and have ordered new wheel cylinders for all 4. The master cylinder may be salvageable so I am waiting to see how the wheels go before doing it. The back axle is too long for me to pull the brake drums. You need to remove the axle shaft to get it out??? (it hits my side walls) so doing the front then moving the truck over and doing one side at a time on the back . The joys of a small shop....
The water tank I am using to make this common troop truck into a water truck is in very good shape and I will take care to refurbish all the bits before reassembling the pumps and filter cans (yes I have those elusive bits) they are not a matched set but better than none at all.... The tank came out of ON and I hauled it out here.
More details to come. I know you all like photos....

Name:  on the truck.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  41.8 KB Name:  driving.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  62.5 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	unloading.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	103844 Click image for larger version

Name:	side tank.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	103846 Click image for larger version

Name:	stripped complete.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	103847
Complete- Bofors 40mm on carriage
Complete Reproduction- Vickers, Model 1937 Tank
Waiting restoration- 1950 Cambridge carrier, Ford CMP Water truck, 1943 Universal carrier, 1945 Dodge APT truck, Canadian C3 Howitzer, several parts vehicles and a few ideas.....