Thread: Info needed: Chevrolet Cab 12 wiring
View Single Post
Old 14-11-19, 18:31
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
selling them may not be as easy if you try to recover you time and efforts some people will not pay the fiddler.

Currently I am aware that a full Dodge M37 wiring harness is around $1200 US........... that reflects the efforts and hand work that must be done to make and accurate copy........ oh and it comes with a multi page phamplet of instructions.
I think part of the reason why the early M-series harnesses seem to be ridiculously priced is that the prices for the components are beyond ridiculous. The shells and the bakelight unions are bad enough, but the little rubber grommets, which are usually the failure point to the connections, are 75¢ each. Then add to that the almost impossible to find 14 and 12 gauge double grommets used around the circuit breakers, and one quickly find out why the somewhat simple harness costs more than those for a brand new vehicle.

Thankfully, the M-series rubber (it think it's hypalon) coated wire is still manufactured and available at reasonable prices. Personally, I think it is just about the best wire one can use....it certainly has a very long life span.