View Single Post
Old 08-01-21, 03:41
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
The AEDB design record describes the fliir of the 2K1 and 2K2 bodies as being "12 ga. H.R.B.A. steel plate covered with 1/8" Dektred."
That said, my 2k1 Body has embossed steel plate (diamond plate or similar) as flooring. I would expect that the embosed surface would cause rapid wear to any linoleum type covering. I've no idea whether Dektread (capitalized so probably a brand name rather than a generic description) is a sheet product like linoleum or an applied coating (though 1/8" sounds rather thick for anything brushed or rolled onto the plate).
That's why I ask. 1/8" is typical linoleum thickness. Post war M152 radio vans (and M43 ambulances) had linoleum floors, and it apparently was durable enough. I'm having a hard time recalling what was on the floor of my ex 2K1 but recall some sheeting with similar properties to floor tiles.

I makes sense that on an untouched body the remnants of the flooring material should be evident in harder to reach places.

That said, I need a source for a piece of milk chocolate coloured 1/8" linoleum to cover my HUW radio table. The flour is painted metal checker plate but the table was brown linoleum.