View Single Post
Old 06-06-21, 21:53

When my first 52-Set Receiver arrived and I had a look at the inside of it, I had noticed a four digit number scratched into the metal on the left side chassis wall about midway up the back end of it. In addition, the same number appeared in large black grease pencil, or paint. My initial thought was it might have been the serial number of the receiver added to the chassis during production, but the number did not match the data plate. Same thing was noticed when the other two receivers eventually arrived. So I filed the information away and forgot about it essentially.

When I removed the Crystal Calibrator from my Parts Receiver the other day, I was quite surprised to find another four digit number written in grease pencil, or black paint, on the inside chassis wall of it as well. As per the attached photos, this calibrator number is ‘6641’. The number inside the Parts Receiver is ‘6215’. Not identical, but interestingly close.

I am thinking now, that these numbers are perhaps Production/Assembly Control Numbers used on the various lines for data gathering and quality control. If these numbers were logged in and out at each work station on the line, at the end of each shift, it would be easy to determine the number of assemblies processed each day, for example. Or if defects showed up, it would be relatively easy to isolate the range of assembles that would need to be inspected and/or corrected.

I will have to check for these numbers in the Sender and Supply Unit and Remote Supply as well now.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Production Control Number 1.JPG   Production Control Number 2.JPG