View Single Post
Old 08-04-05, 01:36

Quote:
Originally posted by Godwin Hampton
Crewman,

The only one showing wheels in the background has had them removed complete with the axles. This could not be done with the original Swedish platform! Is this a Polish design? It seems to have 3 arms and levelling jacks, rather than the usual 4.
The gun seems to have Polish camouflage and the pic comes from German soldier album of 1939 so I think it must be Polish-made. Unfortunately I do not know how much the Poles re-designed the original Swedish platform because I do not have all possible Polish articles about this guns so I am not top expert in this field. What I may write the Polish platforms had the Lockheed-type brakes and the Ackerman-system axles but I am not sure if it is something other than in the original design because I am unable to compare it with the Swedish materials on the subject of 40mm Bofors guns.

Quote:
Originally posted by Godwin Hampton
The Bofors with the barrel facing the camera and with the small shed behind also seems to have this type of platform. I have never seen this before today. Thanks for sharing them with us.
All pics are "by Wehrmacht of 1939 Campaign" so I think the guns must be Polish-made. No doubt there were two types of the wheels in Polish Bofors because two types can be seen at the Polish photographs. I will try to post more Polish Boforses (normal, undestroyed) if I find copyright-free pics.

Best regards

C.