View Single Post
Old 12-12-22, 17:43

Default heater outlet

I see that plate covering a hole at the lower rear of the Ford Doghouse on another thread showing a ford heater that runs off the exhaust manifold, sorry for not bookmarking the thread. update, I see you were at that thread lately.http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/at...2&d=1609677484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Reed View Post
Hi John,

Hope you don't mind me adding to this thread. Seems sensible to not create a new posting every time someone needs mystery parts identified. Might even be worth keeping it ongoing for that reason. Over to the administrators on that one.

I have two parts I removed form a Ford CMP cowling many years ago, (before digital cameras when I started documenting everything!) The first is in the correct position as far as I remember. The second item I just haven't got any idea where it came from or its purpose.

The first are two short rods attached to both sides inside the cowling. I've had 3 cowlings over the years and only one had these rods.
Some work went into them so not sure if it was a field modification or just some bush engineering solution to solve a problem for a civvie owner. Both ends have been drilled for cotter pins.
I am reluctant to get rid of them or weld the cowl holes shut until I can be satisfied they were not an Army modification.

The second items are two round plates with the three holes as shown. They have been stamped out so I feel they were not a bush engineering solution.
As with the arms, only one of the three cowlings had these two plates. I searched for a logical place for them to go but haven't found any.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and a Merry Christmas to all on MLU.

Cheers