View Single Post
Old 25-06-23, 18:45
Chase Rath

Thank you for the replies guys,

I should add my interest in the tanks is for research, although don't get me wrong if there was a legit way for me to recover one to restore I would.

Crusaders are pretty rare in general but especially here in the USA, IIRC the only other one is now at Ft. Benning... essentially out of reach of the public. I "may" have made a new friend recently that would be able to get me access the the Ft. Benning tank... but even then a museum is only going to allow so much.

The state of the 4 Maryland wrecks seem ideal from a research standpoint, one is upside down, one is missing at least a portion of the side armor, various hatches are open or missing.

If the only real hurdle that they are in a semi-secret location well-off the beaten path... then it sounds like I need to dig out my hiking boots for the chance to have free access to photograph, measure and sketch the inside and outside the tanks.

If anybody knows a more specific location but does not want to post it online to keep the tanks safe from scappers or scavengers... I respect that, but I'm also willing to keep the location private if you'd like to share.

Thanks guys.