View Single Post
Old 03-05-05, 05:36
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Tank wireless controversies

Quote:
Originally posted by Crewman
Hi guys,

Some time ago I was intrigued by the fragment of Ken Tout's book under the title of "A Fine Night For Tanks. The Road to Falaise". As you perhaps know Ken Tout is WWII veteran and ex-tanker of the British 1st Northamptonshire Regiment. In his book he wrote among others:

And now something from my collection of the interviews with the WWII veterans. Writing the article and a book on various aspects of the Canadian-Polish relations and cooperation at Normandy and being intrigued by Ken Tout's text I asked for the comment ex-tanker of the Polish 1st Armoured Division, 2nd Lt. (ret.) Willie Glaser. He was a loader/signaller in the Cromwell tank codenamed "Barbara 2" that belonged to 1st Squadron of the 10th Mounted Rifles Regiment we discussed here. Willie Glaser lives in Canada today but he uses in his interview the Polish name of the Regiment so for your information "10. PSK" means 10th MRR.

Would you like to comment it additionally?

Best regards

C.
Reference "B" Set of Wireless Set No 19:

Quoting from "Working Instructions RCA 113923-1"...

..."The B-set is a VHF transceiver with a frequency range of about 229-241 Mcs. When switched to receive, it acts as a super-regenerative receiver, using a "quench" or interruption frequency of between 158 Kcs and 228 Kcs; when switched to send, it acts as an anode-modulated oscillator."