View Single Post
Old 28-07-05, 22:07
former Resident Historian

Default Toasted bacon butties

Karmen, got back from our new house and I was starving! Had to get some more bacon from the local shop and then Danielle got frying and then toasting with the Breville. The HP sauce goes like liquid lava but the bacon is heaven! My wife Juliette is a vegetarian although her dad shot anything that moved and ate it, or fished anything that swam and ate it (her dad was the former ETS RAF pilot was was stationed in Canada 1942-onwards).She was sick of seeing plucked peasants, sorry Pheasants, and went OTT and veggie..at least she won't get Mad Cow Disease! Still, there's a lot of nice veggie food out there and I never bat an eyelid when I tuck into my slice of porker.

Apart from a frying pan a wok is also recommended as being useful for loads of things including frying of course. My dad used the bonnet of his Bedford QL in the Egyptian desert to fry his eggs!!

Excuse me but I am tucking into a Cinnamon Swirl pastry now .. I love pastries and pies and all types of sausage but you have to watch that waste! 15 stone (14lbs = 1 stone) is too much even when you're 6-feet tall.

Last edited by David_Hayward (RIP); 28-07-05 at 22:14.