View Single Post
Old 04-08-05, 02:41
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff

like others writting there storys this has brought tears to my eyes remembering my folk and the fact that I never really talked to my dad about this and a lot of other things and now I wish I had.

so to my Dad and uncle and all the other Vetrans out there both the living and the departed I salute you all
What a moving story Cliff ... and one so similar to so many, that many can know through direct experience exactly the regrets and wishes ... if only ... and if only those untold stories can be known after all ...

I talk to my Mom and Dad, and others, anyways ...as if they are listening. Just from the mind and heart and somehow that feels like a communication and if not fully satisfactory, it's the next best thing I have to communicate my thoughts and feelings ... I'll never know many stories about the war years. for my relations, or after ... but the ones I DO know, I pass on to my kids and relatives ... writing them down is good. I've even written "letters" to important people who have passed on, pouring out my heart as if they would read them ... that also helped me express some of my deepest personal thoughts and wishes, and yes, regrets. It all helps me. I hope ... somehow that my "communications" get through to their spirits.

I like to imagine they do

I salute your father and Uncle
... and you ... for telling us some of this story.

PS: I LOVED the constipation cure story! Glad to know everything came out all right for the old dear!

Karmen