View Single Post
Old 25-08-05, 00:48

Default Re: 1/35 scale Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hayward
Attn: Bill Murray

Bill have you had any feedback from any kit manufacturers on this subject since this thread started earlier in the year?

Larry
I would say the answer is no. Even if there was it would be a number of years before any of these come out. First they have to find a real vehicle if possible in original condition and measure it. Then make scale plans. Then make the dies and then make the kits.

What we all must remember is it is very expensive to produce these plastic kits and unless there is a demand for say 10000 kits (yes I said ten thousand) then the manufacturers will not do it.

Now having said that I must ask..."what is wrong with short run resin kits?"

This is a more likely way to get the kits you guys are asking for. More expensive, yes but a more logical way of getting these kits.

cheers
Cliff

PS> the pic is of a fully scratch built 1941 Ford (Aust) prime mover and #7 (Aust) 7 ton semi trailer. The drums are resin and the canvas cab roof and tarp in the trailer are real cloth

EDIT- I have only just found this thread as it is only a couple of months since I graduated to reading all the forums rather then just the softskin one.
Attached Thumbnails
ford semi 01.jpg  

Last edited by cliff; 25-08-05 at 00:54.