View Single Post
Old 10-09-05, 10:55
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Snakes

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
If I ever get to sit on a 'plane for three bloody weeks and journey to Oz I'd have to stick to the cities - which would mean missing the best bits of the country!
I can handle spiders, they don't scare me, but snakes - AAARRRGGGHHH - I even have problems with the little non-venemous grass snakes we have in the UK - when I took the kids to the zoo I was in & out of the reptile house in less than a minute and looking for somewhere to have a smoke!
The only good snake is one that's been treated to both barrels of a 12-bore loaded with 'swan-shot'.....
Hi Dave
Despite my pics of a tiger snake on the dashboard, you really have to try hard to fins a snake - they're not exactly slithering hither and thither so thickly you can't avoid stepping on them... but on the other hand, if you DO want to see them you can!
If you come to Corowa and spend your time inside a Ferret you'll be pretty safe!
Incidentally the tiger snake was rather relaxed - in fact it had completely lost interest in it's surroundings thanks to getting stuck in some bird netting the day before.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern