Thread: Smokin'
View Single Post
Old 08-10-05, 09:22
Richard Notton

Default Re: LMAO!

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
You're a very insightful chappie and I well recall the shenannigans on-board from those who smoked and didn't smoke.

I've never seen the galley smoking - but it sounds sensible... I recall once hearing if you wanted to stop all smoking on board all you had to do was have an asthma attack and call for oxygen.

We had a documentary recently narrated by a selection of the cabin staff about all the goings-on in aircraft, The Mile High Club it was appropriately called, and, apart from how to; well, do it as it were, there were other insights.

They cautioned about using the bog in certain dual personal configurations since the call button is directly behind the trap and repeatedly contacting this would have the staff use their door key.

The crew retaliation for very awkward and demanding passengers was a revelation too. These people may unwittingly be eating dinner previously recovered from the floor where it "accidentally" fell; but best of all is the eye drops trick.

Because of the dry atmosphere it seems eye drops are standard issue, however, two drops of this tasteless stuff in a drink will bring on a bout of exceedingly loose bowels of the worst kind and without warning, this may start before the flight has landed and allegedly will last at least 24hrs.

Best not to have the trots during the incarcerated and enforced wait for immigration, baggage reclaim and customs.

Fascinating stuff, best be reasonable with the cabin obergruppenführers, they do have the upper hand.

Personally I fell sorry for them, it must be a hell of a job.

R.