View Single Post
Old 23-10-05, 16:10
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by alleramilitaria
hano, that browning holster is not at all rare here in the US. at the ft wourth militaria show i saw at least 15 of them from $5 to 20 each. the real tanker holsters were going for about $75 and up
I saw a gentleman carrying a tanker holster and .38 Webley, both in mint condition at the F.W. show. I stopped him and asked if they were for sale and he told me he had just bought them two minutes ago off the table I was just heading towards. He purchased them both for $225.00! I was heart broken!
Now to add my two bits to the Pistol/revolver brouhaha......in the past "pistol" was the term applied to both revolvers and autos, however in the current lexicon it is very uncommon to hear a revolver referred to as a pistol. The English language is vibrant and constantly evolving and so must we. Case in point....Would you say,"I was sitting in my horseless carriage a fortnight ago listening to the wireless when over the ether came a report that a clutch of Wog scalliwags had waylaid our troops in Mesopotamia!" or would you say," I was sitting in my car a couple of weeks ago listening to XFM when over the satellite radio I heard that a bunch of Islamic insurgents ambushed a convoy with an I.E.D. in Iraq!" Ya mean, Homey?
Now, if I could just get people to quit referring to a detachable box magazine as a "clip"!!!! Thank y'all for your kind attention.