View Single Post
Old 31-08-06, 16:23
Derek Heuring

Default Re: And this is summer still???

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Well, now I know why I've had my oven on and open a few times tomight. I just checked and the weather says it's 5c right now, YES I SAID 5C ... humidity 87. Me wee bitty me's be achin' and hurtin' and me no likin' the chill ... WAH

The one thing I've really noticed in this area is how far the temps almost always seem to drop at night. Yesterday we hit 32c ... last night hit about 11c (which has mostly been par for the course even throughout most nights of the heatwaves)

How's YOUR weather doing?

Ma Yappy feelin' crappy chilled

Well Ma, we've finally dropped below the 100's here in North Texas, forecast high today: 93F. We've had about 50 days of triple digit temps this summer so the 90's are a nice break, although I still enjoy soaking my cold Canadian bones in the Texas heat! Well I know the temperature swings in your part of B.C. I've spent many weeks hunting Mule deer, Whitetail deer, Mountain Goat, Black bear and Grizzly bear in the Flathead Valley, which isn't too far from Cranbrook. You never know what the weather is going to do in the mountains so I always had to carry extra gear and clothes in my backpack. I once got caught in a snow storm while reconnoitering the area in August! As a Canadian citizen I can legally hunt in B.C. on my brother's hunting license and we've been talking about a return to the Flathead, so ya never know, I might come knockin' on your door to say howdy one of these years. Better keep a supply of Tim Tams handy!